Friday, October 10, 2008

Morning cycle at Punggol

Yesterday after sending my child to school.. I go for my usual cycling (Since i start work at 12pm).. I took the route from My child kindergarten towards Rivervale Mall, after that turn right towards Punggol.. cycle along the Punggol LRT track.. After passing by Punngol MRT and bus interchange, i decide to explore more of Punggol.. i saw an empty stretch of road with plenty of construction nearby.. so i took a left turn and head towards that road..

At one of the junction, i discovered "Fo Guang Shan" Singapore Branch Temple... made a U-Turn and head into "Fo Guang Shan".. park my bicycle outside the temple and went in to pray.. (I did not pics of the temple with my mobile phone).. The temple was beautiful.. outside there are statues of little monks surrounding the fence.. and the "Happy Buddha" (Maitreya Buddha) sitting comfortably at the entrance of the temple greeting me with a big smile.. the main hall was specious with high ceiling.. In the middle sit a big Buddha statue with a very compassionate face.. and many Bodhisattva's statues on the upper half of the high wall.. There is calm and peace when u enter the hall... I did my prayer look around and left the temple..
Continuing my cycling... decide to further explore the empty stretch of road.. then i saw some stray dogs.. and they saw me.. we stare at each other.. then i made a U-turn and turn away and so are the dogs... Haha...

No comments: