Saturday, December 13, 2008

X'mas Party... not a good start..

Have been sick for the last few days.. sore throat, cough & loss of voice... After a day of good rest, manage to get back my voice...

During my wife's grandmother's birthday, one of the aunt announced that this year Christmas Eve party will be at her place.. thus everyone was looking forwards to it.. I manage to arrange a day off on that day and my wife begins shopping for X'mas present.. after a few weeks later, my wife cousin drop a bomb shell that the party was cancelled because most of the family members are going to China together with her auntie during Christmas period.. Well disappointed, my wife was.. Since all the presents are nice wrap and place under the Christmas tree..



To my wife so disappointed, I came up with an idea to invite all my camp mates for a X'mas eve party at my place.. I beginning calling my buddy, and we agreed to do a potluck party.. and we began to call our camp mates.. a few had confirmed and thus save the x'mas festive mood... I ordered a turkey from NTUC and planned some nice menu for the night.. My wife prepared some more present for games and exchange... My buddy says he will bring a log cake.. and the rest some other goodies.. eg ham, salad etc....


Then the next day, one said he will be in overseas and unable to make it... then yesterday another sms my wife to say he also unable to make it.. I quickly call my buddy to contact some more camp mates (re-enforcement).. He did but they are also not free to make it... Then this morning , another said he is not coming also... Now only me and my buddy (to battle it out side by side).. i text him and he called me this morning, i told him everything has been prepared for liao.. my family can't finish the whole turkey our self.. and guess we still have to carry on with just our both family.. Now we are having a 3.5Kg turkey for just 4 adults and 2 kids (who don't eat much).. definitely can't finish.. Luckily i stil got a buddy to count on (that is what buddy are for)... hope he also don't play me out...

Now i'm geting my wife to ask those of her cousin who are not going to China to come over.. That is our last try.. I still not giving up on this christmas party...

If not we will have a sit in dinner with my buddy's family..

No comments: