Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cost cutting measure

Being worried.... My wife's company is asking them to take unpaid leave or cut down on their work week. Either work half day week.... or 3 days week... And of course pay cut too... This is a cost cutting measure to try to retain their staffs a long as they could afford..
Last few months.. all the contract staffs has been retrenched.. and this thus worries so many of them.. My wife wish she is one of them being retrench.. but i told her don;t be foolish, because jobs are hard to find.. I advise her to hang on as long as possible until she finds another job.. For the time being, i suggest her to take the 3 days work week.. so that she can have time with our child and also take the available time to look for another job...
Frankly speaking, i prefer her to work in this company because there are many potential and stability.. (I rather keep mum on the industry my wife is working and the company name, she don't feel comfortable me to reveal it).. but company politics is something i can't even bear.. Terrible...

No comments: