Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Are S'porean Customer Arrogant or What?

Last week.. my colleague from China encounter a Singaporean customer (Chinese) who insist of speaking English to her.. My colleague from China trying her very best to speak English to this customer.. From the day she work her.. she has improve her English a lot compare to other colleague from China.. She is not afraid of others laughing or teasing her for her poor English.. She always miss pronounce and my colleagues always said she speak french English.. Example "It is", she will say "It Zii".. But she always try her best to learn English...

Ok back to this customer.. After she has done with her enquiry, this customer turn to my Malaysian colleague and said "Your company should employ more bilingual staffs, who can speak English." and my colleague just smile at her (try not to offend this customer).. After the customer left, we were all so furious at her remarks.. How can she say such a thing? She should be ashamed of herself.. Being a Singaporean Chinese she refuse to speak mandarin and insist of speaking English... Whereas i salute my Chinese colleague, she try her best to learnt to speak English despite her poor English without complaint..

Are Singaporean begin arrogant? Trying to make foreigner who don't speak English look silly.. I usually will speak Mandarin to service staffs who are from China.. knowing their English is very poor.. This way they can serve me better...

It is not a matter of mastering one's language.. it is one's attitude..

No comments: