Saturday, February 21, 2009

Selfish colleague...

My boss has been urging us to clear our leave due to low season.. I was planning to take a day leave during March school holiday... then one of my colleague (Asst. Tour Manager) also want to clear her leave during that period, saying she is bring her mon and her niece to Bangkok.. Because her niece was also having school holiday... But so what.. my daughter is also having school holiday.. She decided to take on 17 Mar09 (tue) till 20 Mar09 (fri).. and i ask her if she could push backward or bring forward her leave so that i can take leave also... She said no.. and insist that that she only can take leave on that period.. Damn it.. If she is married with children, i Will give in to her.. but.. she is single and take leave because she wanted to accompany her mon and her niece to Bangkok.. So damn selfish.
Then i ask my boss if i could take a day leave during school holiday? And she say "yes".. Then i took the 15mar09 (Sun) because I was officially off on Monday and my Asst Marketing Manager is off on Wed, The Operation Manager took leave on every Thu and that Asst. Tour Manager was official off on Fri.. I'm not suppose to crash with any of them when i take leave.. So which date can i take leave?? So i submit my leave for Fri.. My boss refuse to approve saying it crashes with the Asst. Tour Manager.. But if i take on Tue.. then 2 days i won't be in.. and my boss don't allowed that and even makes me feel as if i was very demanding..
Luckily the next day, my boss spoke to the Operation Manager and she is ok if i took leave on Thu and she change her to Fri... But that really defeat the purpose.. because my wife work till 12.30pm on Fri and my daughter finish school at 1.30pm.. so we can go out as a family in the afternoon...
Anyway.. i was so angry with this Asst. Tour Manager.. who refuse to give in.. No choice my wife have to book the chalet on 15 Mar09 (Sun) till 17 Mar09 (Tue)... On Sunday, both the Operation Manager and her Asst Manager are off.. so it crash again.. i understand that the Asst. Operation Manager only see her child in Malaysia only once a week on Sunday.. and i will feel bad to make it so inconvenient for her. so decide to approach the Operation Manager.. She is ok to come back to work on that particular Sunday, but now have to see what my boss says...
After so much explanation.. just because one Single unmarried selfish lady insist of take leave during school holiday period.. she indirectly causes so much inconvenient to so many parties (especially those married colleague of mine who have children)...

No comments: