Monday, August 4, 2008

New Piano Teacher

Well i have manage to find a new piano teacher for my daughter... Finally my worried is over.. This new piano teach is actually my wife's secondary sch mate sister... i had considered her teaching my child after we took her out of Christophori one & half years ago.. but we because this teacher do not make home visit...

But now after my child grade 1 exam (which i doubt she will do badly).. i don't have confident on her ex-piano teacher.. My daughter can't even sight-read well and her tempo was terrible...

I have made know to this new piano teacher yesterday, on my child weakness... this time i will personally oversee my child piano progress.. My wife did a good job in , but because she was a bit 'Kiasu' wanting my child to complete grade 8 by Sec 4, before O level.. Anyway my child is only 5 years old.. and she still ample time to move up the grades.. I would prefer her to have a good and strong beginner foundation.. before she could move up to higher grade at ease.. Although she already took her Grade 1 exam.. i still instruct her new piano teacher to start all over again from Grade 1 again.. Then we shall see her grade 1 exam result before we plan for the next step... We will let her take grade 1 theory exam next year..

Me and my wife do have some musical background, because we both were from the same sec school military band.. and were playing the same musical instrument, saxophone.. Of course i'm her senior.. and that is how we felt in love with each other...

No comments: