Monday, August 11, 2008

Saving for old age

After my daughter got into the primary school of our choice.. and her Piano Grade 1 Exam result a merit.. now my wife is start look for job.. as usual my mum keep giving us false hope of looking after our child.. giving all sort of excuses.. on the other hand my wife is take her own sweet time searching for job.. choosing and picking at her own pace.. I start to nag her a bit.. she need to get a job fast before my mum change her mind..
In Singapore if you are earning SGD2K ++ salary alone.. it is only just nice to survive with a comfortable 3 meals a day and the basic necessity like child school fee, telephone bill, electricity bill, water bill and gas bill... not enough extra for saving.. In 30 years down, i will be 65 years old... a poor old man.. living on very little CPF (Majority of the CPF are being used up for housing loan with HDB.. )
We got no choice but both spouse need to work.. so that we can have enough saving when we retire.. Thus we have to balance family and work life...

No comments: