Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Teochew Delicacy

Went to Chinatown Complex Hawker Centre for lunch... Had Pig Leg Jelly, Shark Meat and Pork Stew... This is another Teochew delicacy.. The pork stew is so tender and it gave a rich favour in your mouth, the rib bones are so soft and crunchy... Shark meat is so white and nice.. Not overcooked... (well at least the poor shark do not have to suffer without fins).. The shark meat is nothing compare to cod fish.. but it goes well with the chili sauce.. The best is the pig leg jelly... It is a cold dish.. the jelly part is not too soft and not too stiff.. just right.. and one bite you can taste the pig leg wrap inside the jelly.. Not too salty and not too sweet.. just right... and it goes well with the sweet sauce and coriander..

When i was a child, my father ever brought the pig leg jelly and shark meat home for dinner.. Tucking into this delicacy, brings back the fond memories of my childhood..

Many old folk was staring at me while i'm enjoying my lunch.. cos only elderly patronise this stall.. It cost me $10.50 for this meal.. but i could not resist myself when i see this stall...

This is the stall

Pork stew
Shark Meat (white) & Pig Leg Jelly served with ice
My complete meal..

No comments: