Friday, January 30, 2009

Daughter scared of Recess...

Yesterday my daughter Primary 1 form teacher called my wife and inform her about my child has been crying before recess time.. Before that my daughter has been complaining to my wife that she don't want to go to school because she is afraid of recess time.. She worried that she could not finish her meal in time, during recess time of 30 mins..

But according the her form teacher.. my daughter always the first to finish her food and always the first few who assemble at the school hall... Her form teacher did partner the class monitor to buddy my daughter, but it did not work out because my daughter complaint that her class monitor eats very slow..

My wife gave my daughter a watch and tells her not to rush, as she has plenty of time to eat.. and it still did not solve the problem.. My daughter still scared of recess time.. Now both her form teacher and my wife don't know what to do.. I think it is a psychology problem...

Last night had a discussion with my wife.. My wife suggest her to skip recess.. and i said no.. from the time she wake up at 6am.. drank a bottle of milk and breakfast (sometime she don't even have the appetite for breakfast) till recess (10am) till end of school at 1.30pm.. It was a long period to endure if she don't eats anything during recess.... Food is essential for child during their learning... without food, they are sure unable to concentrate in class... it will affect her study..

So we decide to pack food for her recess.. To pack sandwich in small bits size.. (easy to eat) and also to pack in a pack of nutritious drink (Milo, Horlick, soya milk or milk).. and lets hope this will solved the problem.. because in February, there will not have any catered recess meals.. every Primary 1 students must learn to buy their own food...

If still unable to work out.. then we might get the form teacher to engage the school's counsellor help.... Till now we still unable to figure out what is the main problem..

No comments: