Saturday, May 3, 2008

School Holiday Plans

Well school holiday is around the corner, many parents are still deciding whether to go for a holiday overseas as living expenses is rising. Going overseas for holiday has been a luxury. Fule Taxes are also increasing, sometimes taxes alone is more then the airtickt. I brought 3 Tiger Airways Airticket at $1.98 eash.. but i paid $146 for the taxes.

When i was in Siam Reap (Cambodia) last year. I saw many poor families having picnic near Angkor Wat. Wat a great view and place to have their picnic. They bring their own foods, mat and the kids were playing catching, soccer or flying kite while the adults are lazing by the mat or chating away... See, having a holiday does not mean must travelled aboard.

Singaporean kids are spoilt, to them only going overseas is consider holiday.

For my pass few year, my holiday with my family is basically just stay 3 nights stay at Sentosa. We relaxed, watch the musical fountain (that time was free), swim in the hotel pool, built sand castle by the beach, dine at the food court, stroll along the siloso beach... My daughter really enjoy herself. That to me is holiday. Only last year we decided to go Genting.

This year school holiday we decided to go camping by the beach. Camping does not cost much bu it will be an unforgetful experience for my daughter and my wife's teenage nephew. This time i'm planning to cook outdoor army style cooking for lunch and BBQ for dinner. On top of that, some nice soccer games, or outdoor games... Hope it will be an experience and it will not cost much...

No comments: